Examinando por Materia "Simulation"
Mostrando 1 - 10 de 10
Resultados por página
Opciones de clasificación
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoAnálisis de resonadores de Helmholtz a partir de la implementación del método de elementos finitos(2019) Duque Salcedo, Andrés Felipe; Franco Bedoya, Ramiro EstebanThe project consists of studying the acoustic and physical behavior of the Helmholtz resonators, which according to their dimensions can have different resonance frequencies. The analysis will be done by means of the finite element method (FEM), whose mathematical calculation model provides greater proximity to a real system; This is achieved through matrix arrays. The studies carried out to date on the finite element method focused on acoustics have been carried out for the modal analysis of enclosures, analysis of acoustic silencers for industrial machinery and is often used in the creation of electroacoustic prototypes, such as loudspeakers and microphones. In addition, this method has the advantage of coupling several physical phenomena, for example obtaining data about the temperature and at the same time the acoustics of some model, that is why this method is implemented for the characterization of acoustic materials such as the Helmholtz resonators. Initially, the equation of an acoustic wave is described, which makes it easier to show what is the behavior of the sound in a general way to later center said equation in a particular case, the Helmholtz resonators, which are described from the Helmholtz equation. After having raised the mathematical and physical problem, we proceed to solve it by the aforementioned method. The main advantages of using FEM to analyze materials such as Helmholtz resonators are in the optimization of this process in terms of time and money. In addition, it is vital to know that this method is recurrent as long as you have a processing capacity in the machines too high. The evaluation of the finite element method is performed in the simulation software comsol multiphysics using two different 3D models of Helmholtz resonators, each with different physical characteristics, the simple cavity resonator and the cavity resonator. simple based on slats. Each of the models will have four designs, two for low frequency and two for low medium frequency, having a total of eight simulations
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoCaso de estudio para la comparación de dos arreglos usando el sistema RCF HDL 20a, simulados mediante el software EASE FOCUS y las mediciones de presión sonora y direccionalidad aproximada capturadas en su implementación real(2016) Laino Guerra, Luis Felipe; Présiga Ríos, Sebastián; Buitrago Montañez, David ManuelKnowing the need that exists for sound engineers alive to deliver solutions to optimize time and resources when designing a system sound reinforcement, different tools that allow the possibility of estimating the behavior of a system in specific situations are used. A tool for this are prediction software and simulation, which are based on system behavior in a free, infinite and ideal field, omitting steps and calculations of great importance that can affect spreading response of each particular arrangement, so this work contains a case study to compare the results of simulations of sound pressure levels and approximate directionality of two arrays of speakers from RCF HCL 20 a system is performed, using the Ease Focus software against measurements specify the same parameters and the same system for real conditions. Grupo de Investigación: Modelamiento y Simulación Computacional. -- Línea de Investigación: Acústica y Procesamiento de Señales. -- Área: diseño de sistemas de sonido. -- Tema: diseño de sistemas de sonido.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoCentro de bienestar en el casco urbano de la ciudad de Bogotá arquitectura para la sanación(2018) Meneses Piñeros, Diana Mayely; Arango Díaz, LucasHealth care building design requires taking into account every aspect of human life, looking for comfort, well-being and healing. It is in this manner that the application of good bioclimatic design practices becomes essential, assuring the users the environmental comfort, the ergonomics and the use of the climatic resources, that guarantee a design in balance with nature, but above all with the health of the user. The building must be coherent with sustainability since it is fundamental to guarantee the health and future of the following generations. Daylight plays an important role in the healing process. The function of our body is synchronized to light through the circadian cycle, physical exposure to natural light is necessary for the assimilation of nutrients in our body. There for it is required that buildings dedicated to health promote the use of the benefits of natural lighting, ensuring sufficient exposure to the quantities and qualities required for health. By performing detailed analysis of the lighting requirements according to the spaces, uses and users, we can project, using strategies in design and selection of materials, responding to the objectives. Performing illumination simulations with software is important because it is possible to assess the lighting qualities of the spaces to validate the design, in order to guarantee the necessary lighting
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoCognitive architectures and brain: towards an unified theory of cognition(Editorial Bonaventuriana, 2011) Ruiz Sánchez de León, José María; Fernández Blázquez, Miguel ÁngelLas arquitecturas cognitivas se definen como el conjunto de componentes esenciales de un sistema que permite el análisis de sus cogniciones y sus conductas. El objetivo de este trabajo es revisar una de las arquitecturas cognitivas que resulta más plausible desde el punto de vista neuroanatómico: ACT-R es una teoría sobre el funcionamiento de la mente humana. Tras un acercamiento inicial a sus conceptos básicos, se describen sus dos niveles de computación: un nivel simbólico que contiene toda la información declarativa del sistema, y un nivel subsimbólico que está representado como un juego de procesos en paralelo. A su vez, se relacionan los módulos que componen la arquitectura con la neuroanatomía funcional del cerebro, describiendo el funcionamiento del circuito córtico-estriado-talámico.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoDiseño conceptual de un proceso industrial para obtención de monómero acetato de vinilo en Colombia(2019-06-05) Navarro Oviedo, Martha Alejandra; Hernández Castillo, Juan Pablo; Matute Thowinson, AdalbertoIn the present investigation, an industrial process was developed in the conceptual phase to obtain vinyl acetate monomer in Colombia, implementing the Aspen Plus® simulation tool. This was done taking into account the behavior of the national and regional demand of VAM, which positions Colombia as the third largest importer in Latin America, according to the statistics of the last 16 years (2001-2017) of the Dirección de Impuestos y Aduanas Nacionales (DIAN) and Brazil, Ecuador, Peru and Argentina as countries with high growth rates in regional demand, it is concluded that by 2023 the production capacity of the process will be 190,000TM approx. in order to meet the national demand and generate a surplus of production to supply part of the regional demand, which generates a positive impact on the economic growth of the sector and the industrialization of the country. Subsequently, taking into account physicochemical and techno-economic criteria, it is concluded that the ideal chemical route is in gas phase and implements acetic acid, ethylene, oxygen and a Pd-Au catalyst. In addition, the design parameters concerning the conceptual phase were estimated for the proposed equipment based on engineering criteria, in the three zones designed for the process, which are: feeding zone, reaction zone and separation zone, in the which it was possible to obtain vinyl acetate monomer with a purity of 99.9% and finally, it was obtained the IRR (internal return ratio) of the project which is 12.57%, with a return period of 5.7 years, concluding that the process in phase conceptual is economically viable.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoEvaluación técnico económica para convertir una unidad de isomerización de butanos a isomerización de pentanos y hexanos(2020-10-19) Reyes Aguirre, Edwin John Fredy; Jarava Pérez, Jorge Luis; Puello Méndez, JulianaThis paper describes the development of a simulation analysis of the transformation process and the changes in operating conditions required to convert a process unit that isomerizes n-butane to a unit that can also isomerize light naphtha (C5/C6). In order to it was necessary to evaluate the reaction kinetics of both processes, and the conditions to favor the isomerization of both n-butane and the paraffin of C5 and C6. The construction of the reactor’s simulation considering the kinetics, was fundamental for defining the performance of the unit under current conditions and opportunities for optimization, as well as the performance of the unit comparing with light naphtha (C5/C6) processing. In addition, the optimal operating conditions of the unit, the configuration of the reactors and determination of the use of recirculation was obtained to benefit the increase in the conversion, seeking an increase in the octane number RON (Research Octane Number) above 80. The simulation level allowed evaluating reactor capacity and space velocity (LHSV), hydraulics and heat transfer in heat exchange equipment, as well as the entire hydraulics and distillation profile of the stabilizer column, considering the top and bottom of the circuit. All this made it possible to identify bottlenecks and solve problems associated with raw material changes; It also allowed defining the optimum operating range without exceeding the unit's integrity windows, allowing a reliable and safe operation
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoModelado acústico a través de métodos numéricos para la generación de propuestas de intervención en aulas de clase(2018) Zemanate Silva, Oscar Fabián; Ochoa Villegas, JonathanThe work below consist of the generation of intervention proposals in architectural acoustics for classrooms in public institutions in the colombian cities Medellín, Bogotá and Cali under the project: Identificación de factores de desempeño ambiental (acústico, térmico y visual) determinantes de la salud mental de docentes y estudiantes de escuelas públicas en Bogotá, Medellín y Cali: Línea base para el análisis de la política pública según la norma NTC 4595. For this end a 14 classrooms sample was taken distributed in the three cities mentioned before. The work is divided in three phases and its results are based in geometric acoustics simulations in CATT-Acoustics v.9. The first phase aims to give an initial acoustics diagnosis for each one of the classrooms using simulations. It was found that In the most part of the classrooms the objectives proposed by this investigation were not accomplished: Reverberation time less than 1 second ant STI values greater than 0,6. The second phase take simulation results and with this data and architectural analysis of the classroom (geometry and materiality) gives an architectural proposal in the walls which aims to increase the room’s absorption by adding absorbent panels. In the third phase new simulations are done, this time with the intervention proposal. This simulation let the investigation to verify that the intervention works and works for the most of the rooms
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoPremisas de diseño para el buen desempeño térmico en la construcción con contenedores marítimos : caso estudio en el pacífico norte de Costa Rica(2018) Ortiz Cabezas, Alejandro; Bedoya Jaramillo, CarolinaThe construction of living spaces from shipping containers is a common practice now a day. They offer an economic, versatile and quick way of habilitating spaces for a determined activity such as commercial, industrial, residential, etc. In Costa Rica it is qualified as a low cost construction typology due to the fact that it is a prefabricated element however the market practices can elevate its cost comparable to a traditional concrete block typology. On the other hand due to the shipping containers material, certain bioclimatic strategies can be inferred in order to habilitate it correctly without a clear reference to the effect of these in its thermal performance. Its due to these lack of quantitative information that this thermal performance investigation is made on a 20 foot shipping container to see the effect of applying different passive climatic strategies in a warm dry climate. With the use of software simulation the results are generated to asses and determine design premises with which to achieve a performance as close to the comfort zone established. With this the improvement in thermal performance can be quantified depending on the passive strategy applied
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoSimulación de un autómata bibliotecario controlado por inteligencia artificial(2016) Posada Londoño, Luis Felipe; Osorio Castañeda, Natalia Andrea; Giraldo Mejía, Juan CamiloTaking advantage of advances in the theory of intelligent systems and its increasing implementation in a wide variety of work fields, we develop a simulation of a librarian robot controlled by an intelligent system developed under the CommonKADS methodology, specifically to support the processes of book arranging and searching. Evaluating the performance of the robot into the library of the University of San Buenaventura simulated in the graphic engine UNITY, we demonstrate the effectiveness in performing specified tasks. Grupo de Investigación: Modelamiento y Simulación Computacional. -- Línea de Investigación: Ingeniería del Software. -- Área: ingeniería de software. -- Tema: inteligencia artificial.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoThe best of both worlds: a joint modeling approach for the assessment of change across repeated measurements(Editorial Bonaventuriana, 2010) Hsieh, Chueh An; Von Eye, AlexanderLa utilidad de los métodos Bayesianos en la estimación de modelos estadísticos complejos es innegable. Desde un punto de vista Bayesiano, el presente artículo busca demostrar la capacidad de los métodos Bayesianos y proponer un modelo exhaustivo que combina un modelo de medición y un modelo estructural. La utilidad de este método combinado se investiga usando datos reales tomados de una encuesta sobre actitudes sociales. El método combinado permite extraer las características de las respuestas a los ítems como de los errores en la medición para el análisis individual de trayectorias del desarrollo. Tales resultados permiten resolver asuntos que se presentan en investigación en psicología del desarrollo, e.g., tamaños de muestra pequeños, evaluaciones repetidas, etc.